Thursday, March 1, 2012

All About Me Responses

  1. The Biggest Problem in America Today is... The biggest problem in America today is hard to pinpoint. Personally I feel that a number of problems are very life altering. However, if I were to pick just one that greatly effects life, I would have to say that the biggest problem in America today is that parents are afraid to parent. I feel that many parents breed ignorant children because instead of disciplining their children to teach them right from wrong, they want to be friends with their children and are afraid to punish them. I feel that a lot of America's other problems stem from this issue. Lack of parenting or discipline or both can lead to children that are rude and disrespectful to other adults. Additionally, many American children today feel it is not necessary to abide by "the rules" or government laws. I feel that with stricter parenting and a necessary sense of discipline, children will be more apt to respect their parents, follow "the rules", abide by laws, be kinder and more caring, and be overall a less ignorant, more educated community of human beings.
  2. The Thing that Annoys Me the Most... There are a lot of little things, or pet-peeves, that annoy me. However, if I had to say that there was one thing that annoys me the most, I would probably say that it is uncleanliness or germs. As a self-proclaimed sufferer of OCD and germophobia, I find it very unsettling when people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, lick their fingers after eating something messy or leave their personal items a complete mess and pig sty. I honestly feel that it is not that difficult to take adequate, if not superior, care of your body simply by doing little things that you are taught to do as a very young child, like washing your hands for thirty seconds under warm water with soap. I find it unnecessary to be gross and disgusting when it only takes about 5 minutes to do these simple things. If I could wish for one thing, it would be to clean America.
  3. A Famous Person Alive Today who I Admire is... A famous person alive today who I admire is Oprah Winfrey. Oprah was born very, very poor in a rural town in Mississippi. She was sexually and verbally abused all her life and was constantly told she was not good enough. By her mid twenties, she had revolutionized the television scene with her talk show. As an African American woman on television during the time period following integration, her show was not suspected to be very successful. However, Oprah was the first woman in history to make a billion dollars. This is quite an accomplishment for a woman who literally came from nothing. Additionally, Oprah started a school in African for underprivileged youth, she donates thousands of dollars annually to non-profit organizations and she gives back to her fans and viewers of the show. If I could wish to be like any famous person today, I would wish to be like Oprah, a proud, established woman who takes charge of her life and her community with grace, elegance and generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment